Germ Busters Club & SHOPRITE: Campaign Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
- The promotional competition is open to all South Africa residents who are in possession of a valid identity document.
- Participants under the age of 18 years must receive consent from their parent or guardian before they can enter the competition.
- Only selected Primary schools and Shoprite stores within the KwaZulu-Natal, Gauteng, Eastern Cape, Western Cape, Limpopo, Northern Cape, North West, Free State and Mpumalanga regions at the participating Shoprite stores (“the Primary schools”).
- This promotional competition is open from 1 February 2016 and ends at midnight on 31 March 2016. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
To enter, participants will be required to:
- Buy a 750ml DOMESTOS bottle (any variant) from a participating SHOPRITE store;
- Drop the till slip in the entry box provided at the participating SHOPRITE store, for the school that they are supporting OR drop off the DOMESTOS bottle cap at a selected participating school.
- Points will be given per DOMESTOS bottle cap or till slip entry as follows:
5.1 750ml DOMESTOS bottle cap = 1 point.
5.2 A till slip entry showing 1 purchase of 750ml DOMESTOS bottle = 1 point.
- There will be 300 schools participating in this competition and 100 participating SHOPRITE stores. Each participating SHOPRITE store will have up to 3 Primary schools selected to participate in the promotional competition. Entry boxes will be clearly marked indicating the participating Primary schools taking part at the relevant SHOPRITE store.
The Primary schools stand a chance to win a prize approved by the Promoter up to the value of R10 000, each (i.e. 1 winner with the most entries selected per a store). The prize covers two options, to the value of R10 000 each, being:
- The tiling of floors of walls in learner bathrooms/toilets; OR
- The painting of walls and the provision of sinks in learner bathrooms/toilets.
- 1 Participating school with the most number of entries received at a participating SHOPRITE store will be selected to win the Prize (‘the winner’).
- The winning Primary schools will be selected by the end of May 2016 and will be contacted during the month of June 2016. The winning Primary schools will be notified telephonically. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the winning Primary schools once every day for 5 consecutive working days after the results have been confirmed. If the prize winner cannot be contacted during this period, the prize will be forfeited and the Primary school with the next highest number of entries at the selected participating SHOPRITE store will be awarded the prize in accordance with the rules.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible or delayed entries for any reason whatsoever, such entries shall be invalid. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- In the event that two or more Primary schools receive the same number of entries, the Promoter will draw the name of the one winner from these schools.
- The names of the winning schools will be placed on the participating stores’ notice board.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or other falsification of data or otherwise.
- The prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferrable.
- The winning schools may be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt.
- A copy of these terms and conditions can be found on www.domestos.co.za, www.termsconditions.co.za and can be obtained by dialling the consumer call centre on 0860 222 451.
- The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the winner/s for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the winner/s. However, the winner/s has/have the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
- By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the DOMESTOS team. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving material by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out.
- The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
- In the event that the prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value. The Promoter shall not be held responsible for any delay in delivery or loss of the prizes.
- Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers nor employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
- Failure to claim prizes for any reason whatsoever within 2 months of notification will result in forfeiture of the Prize
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
- Fake, counterfeit, and/or lookalike DOMESTOS bottle caps will be disqualified from entry.
- The competition organisers reserve the right to audit the results in terms of the DOMESTOS 750ml bottles purchased.